A sustainable future takes sustainable commitment.
Our unwavering dedication to integrity and responsibility extends beyond our customers to the planet we share. We work to balance environmental, social and economic performance through our policies, principles and certifications. This commitment to the environment and the people we serve ensures that the forests we manage today will contribute to future generations tomorrow.
Led by our strong values, our achievements include:
- First Sustainability Report in 1998
- Updated Environmental Policy in 1999
- Development of comprehensive Forest Management Principles in 1999
- Third-party Sustainable Forest Management certification
- Chain of Custody certification at our woodlands and manufacturing facilities
- A signatory to the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement, a world-leading commitment by the forest industry and environmental groups to sustainability in the Boreal
- Prompt regeneration of harvested areas with over 350 million seedlings planted since 1999
- An energy conservation strategy that includes eight biomass energy facilities
- Third-party safety certification
- Green building products (products from SFM certified forests; panel products without added urea formaldehyde; bleach-free Kraft papers )
- Continual learning and improving